Available through our resale shared ownership scheme, a three-bedroom, end-terrace house, nestled in the leafy hamlet of Abingworth, part of the popular Thakeham village.
Newly built in 2018, the ground floor comprises of a fitted kitchen with integrated appliances, reception room, hallway with storage cupboard and a W/C. The first floor comprises of three bedrooms, master bedroom with built in wardrobe and a family bathroom with shower over bath.
The property also benefits from access to a private garden with shed storage, driveway parking and an EV (electric car) wall charger.
Eligibility: Priority will be given to applicants that live or work in the parish of Thakeham with children/dependents in the household.
Length of Lease: Approx. 995 Years
Council Tax Band: Horsham Council – D
Gross Internal Area: 99m2
LOCAL AREA INFORMATION
- Designed for a relaxed, rural way of life, Abingworth Farm has all the village amenities you’d hope for. The village hall overlooks football pitches and a children’s playground. There’s a cricket pitch and a pavilion. A pond surrounded by open green spaces and there is a village shop. A family-friendly pub sits at the heart of Thakeham, just a 5-minute stroll from Abingworth Farm.
- Easy access to the country, city and coast. You can reach the M25 in 50 minutes by car and central London in under an hour and a half by train from Billingshurst station. The nearby A27 takes you straight along the south coast to a variety of seaside resorts, from Brighton to Chichester.
- Bus stops on Storrington Road, Thakeham serve the routes 71, 73 and 74 to Arundel, Ashington, Chichester, Horsham, Pulborough and Storrington.
- Abingworth Farm is just four miles from the foot of the beautiful South Downs. Outdoor pursuits such as horse riding, cycling, walking, mountain biking, running and fishing are all accessible. Just a 15-minute drive away is Southwater Country Park, a vast lake where you can sail or canoe. Woods Mill Nature Reserve is a 30-minute drive, a great place to watch the wildlife.
- The nearby village of Storrington also provides options for eating out locally – The Old Forge and The Chardonnay are particularly popular. Further afield there’s the Ginger Fox, which has great views of the South Downs. For Michelin-rated dining there’s the Amberley Castle restaurant, perfect for special occasions.
- Storrington to the west and Billingshurst to the north both offer an eclectic array of stores, businesses and eateries. They also put banks, a library, a post office, a museum, a community market and supermarkets close at hand.
- Children will be well served at Abingworth Farm with several good schools close by, including Thakeham First School just 0.4 miles away. Thakeham Pre-School is also right on the doorstep and for older children there is Steyning Grammar School and Rydon Community College. School buses to Steyning Grammar School and Rydon Community College will also be available for children living at Abingworth Farm.
Property Value = £415,000
Percentage Share = 45%
Share Price = £186,750
*Monthly Rent = £563.98
*Monthly Service Charge = £43.94
**Monthly Mortgage Payment = £934
***Annual Household Income = £57,000
*Please note the rent and service charge is reviewed annually 01 April.
** Based on a 90%, 25-year repayment mortgage with an interest rate at 4.5%.
***Is based on a 10% mortgage deposit. If you have a higher deposit Hyde New Homes can discuss how the salary required is reduced (approximately every 5% extra deposit reduces the salary required by £1,200).
Your home may be at risk if you do not keep up your mortgage and rent repayments. Particulars give an overall description of the property and are not intended to constitute an offer or form part of any contract. Areas, distances or measurements referred to are approximate. For confirmation of property details refer to the terms of the lease and plans from your solicitor. Hyde New Homes Resale properties are sold as seen, photographs and details (excluding financial information) are provided by the leaseholder. Please note that the Resales Team have not visited this property.
Contact us now to arrange a viewing:
Please call the Sales Team on 0345 606 1221 and provide the following information:
Your Contact Number/Email
Your Hyde New Homes or Help to Buy reference number**
Your Deposit for the mortgage
If it is a Single/Joint application (if married it must be joint)
Your Current salary (single/Joint where applicable)
Do you have any children? If so, how many?
Do you own any pets? If so, what?
Are you a current homeowner?
**To obtain a Hyde New Homes Reference number, visit https://so.hydeform.co.uk/ to register and complete the online application. A reference number will be emailed to you once the application is completed.